Requirements for Pet Care in your home:
1. I can only travel within approximately 5 miles of my home. I live near SR 54 and Rowan Rd. Because I essentially do two businesses – one in my home and one away from home – I must be very structured and set limits. If you are outside of my area, I may be able to give you contact information for pet sitters close to you.
2. I must have instructions in writing for the care of your pets with contact numbers so that I may call you in case of an emergency.
3. I must have the number of your veterinarian and a vet release form signed, giving me permission to seek care in case of an accident, illness or injury, any time your pet is in my care.
4. I must have 2 sets of keys or one key and the number of a person with an extra key. I also need to know how many other people have the ability to enter your home while you’re away.
5. If you have an alarm system, I like to have my own code so that you can keep yours private and so that anyone else that may enter the home won’t have my code number.
6. I need to know when you return home. If I do not hear from you, I will assume that you had car trouble, plane delays or there was miscommunication about the time of return and I will continue visiting your pets and bill you for the additional visits.
7. I cannot be held responsible for any damage a pet with anxiety may do while home alone. Pets that are destructive may harm themselves or damage your property if not kept in a safe space.
8. I need to come and meet you and your pets at least a few days before you leave and return a day before you leave to pick up keys and instructions.
9. I can only do visits up to 3 times per day: Morning, early Afternoon and Evening. My first visit is around 7AM, my mid day visit is around 1pm and my evening visit is around 7PM (depending on the number of homes I have to visit, I can go a little earlier or a little later than these times). My home visits are approximately 20 minutes. I understand some families need different times or much longer visits. If you would like a recommendation for a sitter that can accommodate needs I can’t fulfill, I am happy to do so. Because I allow some pets to stay in my home, I don’t go out every hour of the day as some sitters do. There are a wide variety of wonderful sitters in our area, each having their unique way of doing things. We all love to match each family with the best sitter for them, so that the pets get the care needed and the owners can enjoy peace of mind while they travel.