Requirements for dogs staying in MY home:
1. Dogs staying in my home must get along with other dogs VERY well. I will not keep an aggressive dog that may injure another dog for any reason. If you would like to have your dog stay with me, we will schedule a “meet and greet” and I will observe your dog’s social skills with my dogs and perhaps one of the dogs staying with me. If they do well, I can then book their stay with us.
2. Dogs staying in my home must have yearly Rabies and Bordetella vaccines. I need a copy for their file and I need updated copies each year if they stay with us again. If you want to, you can have your vet fax me a copy: 727-255-5297.
3. I will only keep Spayed and Neutered dogs in my home. The only exception will be puppies under the age of 6 months old.
4. All visitors to my home MUST have an appointment. I will have the other dogs go into another room or outside a few minutes before your arrival. If the dogs are in the main part of the house and the front door is opened, someone may escape or they will all jump on the visitor. I do not wish to lose a dog or to have someone injured by the dogs. I WILL NOT open the door until the dogs are out of the main room. If I am not home, my family WILL NOT open the door for anyone they aren’t expecting. Please be on time. If you are running late or if you plan to be very early CALL me. I can put the dogs in another room a little earlier or later. I get very insulted when I put the dogs in a bedroom and have a family that is 30 minutes late for a drop off or pick up. Please be considerate.
5. All dogs staying with me must have a collar or a harness with some sort of identification. This is a requirement from my insurance company.
6. I must have a completely filled out instruction sheet with a vet release form signed. I need to be able to contact you in case of emergency. I also need permission to take your dog to your vet or the nearest vet office open if your pet becomes injured or needs medical attention. While this is rare, I prefer to have your wishes in writing so that if you are unreachable, I can make decisions that you approve of for your pet.
7. You must provide your pet’s food and necessary medications with detailed instructions.
8. I will not keep dogs that cannot be alone. There are some families that have dogs that are never without human contact for a single minute. I must be able to run out to visit dogs in their own homes and do regular errands. I work a minimum of 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. I must be able to run out briefly and trust that the dog can either be loose in the house or separated in a room or crate with no problem. I will not take a destructive dog into my home.